Apața, Brașov County – XIVth C.
Between Apața and Ormeniș can be found the ruins of a citadel built between 1342 and 1351, in the time of Louis the Great of Hungary. The fortress
had a defensive purpose, especially during the Tatar incursions, and it was surrounded by an entrenchment of water brought from the river Olt. It has
never been conquered.
Attested even from 1377, Apața was a village of serfs, being part of the domains of the Bran castle. From 1500, it passed into the subordination of Brașov.
In the year 1543, it paid to Brașov the „decima maior” (the tax in crops: wheat, barley, rye and oat).
On the tower of the fortress an inscription from 1638 is maintained, indicating the existence of a local school at that date.
In this locality was born in 1625 Apáczai Csere János (d. 1659), an important representative of the Cartesian philosophy and reasoning, as well as of the
Nicolaus Copernicus system.
In 1804, the Council of Brașov decided to build a curia, with the materials from the tower of the old defense fortress, but the inhabitants were opposed
and they drew away the craftsmen, thus saving the construction.
There are detachments of masonry, parasitic vegetation, fragment of plastering with colored pigment exposed to unfavorable weather, fissures and
fractures in the masonry, water infiltrations in the masonry.
SAFEGUARDING PROPOSAL FOR THE MONUMENT
We propose bordering the upper part of the wall with a protection layer made of hydraulic lime, which should protect the walls from water infiltrations.
Above the inscription and the stone bossage simulated within the plastering, an easy protection dome will be made.
Locally, the masonry was rebuilt with the elements that collapsed on the site. Also, jointing was performed with lime and sand mortar at the upper
part of the wall, as well as the removal of the neighboring vegetation in order to increase the visibility and eliminate humidity, including the protection
of the ridges of the walls.
Ștefan Vaida, Eugen Vaida, Veronica Vaida, Ștefana Paul